For many, September brings a welcome return to routines and rituals, so it's a great time of year to look at your grooming shelf and make some self-care investments. If you're looking to update your tools but don't know where to start, take a peak at MÜHLE London Barber- Connor's- top 5 must haves for home-grooming:
Connor at MÜHLE Barbershop in London, uses a Wireless Hair Trimmer
1) A double edge safety razor : "With sensitive skin I rely on using a fresh blade, and having one edge instead of the multiple ones you see in cartridge razors. Personally, I find cartridge razors much too aggressive, with the 3 or 5 blades leaving my skin more susceptible to damage and blemishing.
DE razors have one edge on each side (which is why they're called double-edge) and allow me to use a fresh blade every time I shave. This ensures no snagging or irritation occurs and I have a super-smooth shave every time."
2) A Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush: "No DE razor would be complete without a premium brush to massage the hair follicle out of the skin. Alongside the DE razor and Silvertip Shaving Brush, I recommend an Aloe Vera shaving cream and Moisturiser."
3) A Manicure Set: "Don't forget your nails! Too many guys forget to give themselves a little manicure from time to time, but this is little a detail that has a big impact on your appearance. As a barber, my hands are my tools and I make sure that my nails are in tip-top-shape. "
4) A Good Pair of Trimming Scissors: "An absolute essential for moustache and beard tidying, safety scissors will even get those pesky stray hairs in your nose and ears. Unlike nail scissors, trimming scissors have a rounded tip at the end for extra safety."
5) A Hair Trimmer: "Used to freshen up the beard, buzz your head or tidy up any out of control areas. As a barber I use a professional, wireless trimmer at home."
Like what you're reading? Here's some more MÜHLE USA Blog recommendations for you:
- Connor's 6 Steps to a Fresh Face
- Video Tutorial: How to Shave with a Safety Razor
- How to Clean a Shaving Brush